Customer Service Known Issues List:
This is a listing of some of the known issues for World of Warcraft Patch 4.0.1.
- This list is not complete, and will not include all issues.
- The issues listed here are frequently reported issues that will be addressed at a later date via a client patch.
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
- Mammoth pictures do not fit inside of the mount preview window.
- Characters are seated too far back on the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade.
- Stackable items that are purchased with extended cost currency cannot be purchased in stacks.
- The costs for level 70 Brutal pvp gear, weapons and gems, offered by Brutal Arena Vendors, have not been adjusted to the new Honor points system.
- The drum loop played by the Sen’jin Fetish loops endlessly and will stack when dismissed/re-summoned.
- Argent Peacekeepers are randomly playing attack animations while idle.
- All character models dip into the terrain briefly when dismounting their flying and ground mounts.
- Frostbrood Matriarchs are animating strangely.
Combat & PvP
- Spell penetration does not update dynamically on pets.
- Detailed combat log tooltips that use tokens are scaling based on the players’ spellpower.
- Ferocious Inspiration, Communion, and Arcane Tactics, are appearing inconsistently on the buff bar.
- There is an inconsistency in the cast bar when switching between talent specializations.
- No sound is played when switching between talent specializations.
- The tooltip for Dual Wield Specialization is incorrect.
- Spawn animations for some named creatures are no longer playing when summoned.
- The casting animation from channeling a beam spell will stop displaying if you are targeted by another player with the same spell and its duration ends.
- The PvP currency, Honor Points, cost of several items offered by classic battleground vendors needs to be adjusted.
- Ghoul pet bars have the abilities Sweeping Claws and Monstrous Blow by default.
- Ebon Plague has a tooltip error. The tooltip for magic damage taken is 0%.
- If a druid has a negative amount of balance power when they level, their balance power will be set to 100.
- The Druid’s Flight Form only displays in the trainer UI once Expert Riding has been learned.
- The tooltip for the feral druid ability Skull Bash is incorrect.
- There is a typo in the tooltip for the talent Stampede.
- The tooltip for the feral druid ability Skull Bash is incorrect.
- Ravage cannot be used in macros.
- Newly created Hunters have a pet bar.
- Beetles cannot be tamed.
- Several Hunter Pet spells appear in the Pet tab of the Spellbook before a Hunter is able to actually use them.
- Pets have no animation for the ability “Carrion Feeder.”
- Wolverine Bite’s is displaying incorrect numerical information in the combat log.
- The exotic pet spell Froststorm Breath does not function according to its tooltip.
- The debuff tooltip for Froststorm Breath is inconsistent with the spell tooltip.
- The tooltip for Chimera Shot does not mention the healing effects of this ability.
- The spell effect for Cobra Shot travels past creature models.
- The survival talent Black Arrow does not do the same amount of damage as indicated by its tooltip.
- Many hunter pet abilities are removed from the pet’s action bar upon relogging into the game or zoning.
- Devilsaur are not displaying correctly in the hunter pet UI.
- The periodic damage from Flamestrike is not being increased by Mastery: Flashburn.
- Charges from Arcane Potency are being consumed inconsistently with channeled spells.
- The tooltip for Combustion does not clearly state that a fire DoT must be on the target to be cast.
- Several Mage glyphs are incorrectly classified.
- The Retribution Aura tooltip shows the damage value modified by Aura Mastery even after Aura Mastery has dropped.
- Divine Guardian is reducing the damage the Paladin takes by 20% instead of reducing the damage his party members take by 20%.
- Glyphing Divine Protection makes the tooltip say reduces damage by 0%. The glyph reduces magical damage by 40% and physical damage by 20%.
- The spell Power Infusion can be obtained at level 29, but cannot be cast on players under level 30.
- Mental Agility is not affecting old Priest abilities.
- The spell effect visual for Earthquake looks awkward when cast on a staircase or a steep incline.
- Drain Life cannot be used in macros.
- Using an ability that triggers Soul Link around neutral guards will cause these guards to attack.
- Blood Pact’s tooltip is inconsistent with the actual buff given to them.
- Health Funnel tooltip doesn’t mention a channel duration.
- The Emberstorm talent is too low on the talent tree of Destruction.
- The damage listed for spell Drain Life is inconsistent in multiple areas.
- The sound of Immolation Aura will not last the full duration of the spell.
- Execute is highlighted if a Warrior has less than 20% health, regardless of having an active target.
- Bonus damage gained by consuming extra rage for Execute is not modified correctly by stances.
- Cannons in Battlegrounds will behave oddly when moved.
- There is a slight delay on the flag capture when returning a flag in battlegrounds.
- The East Frostwolf Tower in Alterac Valley has a typo on the map when destroyed.
- Icons for both the airships in the Isle of Conquest do not have icons on the game map.
- Players who leave Battlegrounds that are in progress are not removed from the Score Board.
- The instance portals for Battlegrounds are not functioning for Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch.
- It is possible for boats to not phase out completely upon the start of round two in Strand of the Ancients.
- Orgrimmar Arena: It is possible for players to get their pets stuck on the large pillars in the Orgrimmar Arena.
- Both airships in the Isle of Conquest do not have icons that appear on the game map.
- Resizing the game window while in windowed mode makes bodies of water disappear in game.
- Barrier of the Earth Princess still offers defense rating.
- Many items are losing their bonus armor.
- There are multiple items that are still giving socket bonuses.
- There is no recipe to craft a Glyph of Vanish.
- Overwriting any active glyph by using a second active glyph will still use Vanishing Powder and erase the first glyph (despite an error message afterward), instead of preventing erasure of the targeted glyph.
- Dungeon Finder doesn’t mention the Justice Point reward in Random Lich King Dungeon or Random Lich King Heroic.
- In the quest “Hammering It Out,” the NPC name is not correct in the objective.
Raids and Dungeons
- The last remaining player in a random instance group can miss out on Random Dungeon loot
- Players from different servers can’t trade dungeon items necessary to progress through the dungeon.
- Changing between System Default and Microphone in the Voice Chat settings after recording a voice sample can cause a crash.
- Character and Pet UI can disappear if the player uses the LFD teleport to dungeon immediately after leaving a quest vehicle.
- Warlocks and Paladins will see the chat messages that Cold Weather Flying and Flight Master’s License are unlocked when they reach level 20.