Latest Cataclysm hotfixes have been posted!
Notable hotfixes include:
Guild experience daily resets should no longer sometimes fail to occur.
(Mage) The mana costs of the following mage spells have been reduced, but they still require the previous percentage of base mana in order to be cast: Arcane Barrage (11% of base mana), Arcane Blast (7% of base mana), and Fireball (12% of base mana). As an example, Fireball requires 16% base mana to cast, but only consumes 12% of base mana.
Lifebound Alchemist Stone can no longer be disenchanted.
In addition, there are a number of Tol Barad questing fixes and changing. Apparently not even the quests can be properly balanced.
Check out the full list of hotfixes after the break!
- Broiled Dragon Feast is correctly being tracked by the guild achievement, Set the Oven to “Cataclysmic”.
- The guild achievement Lower Blackrock Spire Guild Run can now only be earned in a group of at least 4 players from the same guild in a 5-player party.
- The achievement Sunwell Plateau Guild Run now requires a guild group to complete. This achievement can no longer be completed without the requirement of having 75% of the raid be guild members.
- Guild experience daily resets should no longer sometimes fail to occur.
- Rank 1 of Pyromaniac no longer improperly gives 5% passive haste.
- The mana costs of the following mage spells have been reduced, but they still require the previous percentage of base mana in order to be cast: Arcane Barrage (11% of base mana), Arcane Blast (7% of base mana), and Fireball (12% of base mana). As an example, Fireball requires 16% base mana to cast, but only consumes 12% of base mana.
- Dungeons & Raids
- It should no longer be possible for players to inadvertently be locked out of killing a raid boss depending on whether or not they were online when the boss was killed.
- The battle resurrection counter will now correctly reset if players are not inside the dungeon when an encounter resets.
- The Bastion of Twilight
- Many adjustments to the behavior of various mechanics in the Sinestra encounter have been made.
- Fester Blood now hits everyone in the room instead of having a 20-yard radius on Heroic difficulty during the Cho’gall encounter. No more kiting he who has too many eyeballs.
- Valiona’s Blackout can no longer be absorbed by Grounding Totem or reflected. Its healing absorption effect has also been increased for 10-player normal difficulty.
- Blackwing Descent
- Atramedes will now reset if the players targeted by Sonic Breath or Obnoxious Fiends attempt to leave the room.
- Zoning into the dungeon after a soft reset now causes all Atramedes-related objects and creatures to reset completely. The introduction event will replay once the dwarves have been cleared. Entering combat with Atramedes forces the gongs to become usable and the fight will function normally from this point.
- Atramedes will no longer despawn when his tail passes through the area trigger in the entrance to his room. He will no longer despawn randomly during the fight. Pulling him out of his room will now cause him to reset.
- The damage of Chimaeron’s Caustic Slime has been reduced for both raid sizes and dungeon difficulties.
- Chimaeron will not cast Caustic Slime on Feral tanks in Bear Form unless there aren’t enough non-tank specialized targets available. This fix applies to Magmaw’s targeting functionality as well.
- Rip and Bane of Doom damage is no longer affected by the damage increase of Stolen Power when engaging Nefarian.
- Abberrations spawned during the Maloriak encounter were displaying inappropriately high health values on Heroic difficulty. This has been corrected.
- Darkmoon Card: Volcano now triggers from periodic damage.
- Divine Shield and Blessing of Protection no longer remove the Blind Spot debuff from the normal and Heroic versions of the Jar of Ancient Remedies. When targeting an ally at very close range (2-3 yards) when using this item, it will still energize them instead of the user. This will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
- Free Action Potion now cannot be used above level 80.
- Archaeology keystone fragments can no longer be prospected.
- Lifebound Alchemist Stone can no longer be disenchanted.
- Ring of Valor has been temporarily disabled until select bugs can be fixed in an upcoming patch.
- Teams who are in the rated Battleground queue and have a member disconnect are now removed from the queue after 10 minutes if the player does not come back. The team is still at the top of the queue if the player comes back and the Battleground will pop almost instantly.
- Battleground ratings, wins, and losses should now always update after every game when playing in rated Battlegrounds. Certain conditions were not causing this to happen previously.
- Players who do not show up to a Rated Battleground, either by leaving the queue or letting the Battleground queue time out, are not being credited for a win.
- Players who are removed from a Battleground when it closes due to a lack of players will not receive the Deserter debuff.
- Players are again able to queue for more than one Battleground at a time without issue.
- Quests & Creatures
- Worgen character hearthstone location is now set to the Craftsmen’s Terrace in Darnassus upon completing the quest “Ruh’theran Village”.
- Tol Barad Peninsula
- Players will receive quest credit for killing any quest boss, regardless of party status, so long as they participate in killing these bosses.
- Problim can now be seen from a much larger distance.
- Cell Watchers in D-Block are no longer incorrectly tagged as elite.
- Darkwood Broodmothers no longer flee at 25% and periodically inflict targets with Reckless Toxin instead.
- Hungry Ghouls and Skeletal Beastmasters now drop the Cursed Femur quest item when on the quest “Salvaging the Remains“, and the tooltip also indicates these creatures drop the quest item.
- Twilight Highlands
- If reinforcements are not called after 60 seconds, Skullcrusher will now despawn. When reinforcements are called, Skullcrusher no longer improperly despawns.